Friday, March 12, 2010

Let the painting begin!

Our living room is a deep shade of....of...a brownish green, olive maybe? Either way it isn't something we love. But we've watched enough HGTV to know to never hold wall colors against a house. So we looked past it and I started searching. We knew we needed to find new colors for every room. I searched blogs, I talked to friends, I took home paint chips from Lowes, HD & SW's. I found a color we loved on a blog that I've mentioned here before (I've actually talked about this color before). I can't resist showing the picture for those who are just quickly scrolling:


Just looking at the picture I am so excited for the change. It looks so relaxing, so soothing, so perfect.

When we close on our house we talked to our REA about a painter. We knew that the living room was too much of a project for us. The ceilings are vaulted, and we knew our limitations. Not only time, but the trouble. It is worth the money to us. Our REA got us in touch with the painter that he recommends for clients that are selling, it's also the painter he uses for his own home. As a housewarming present our agent is paying for the paint, and we are paying for the labor. It's a great deal, and this painter is very well priced. He is not only going to paint the walls for us, but he's also going to fix the baseboards, and clean up the ceiling from previous paint jobs.

I am excited to see the transformation...it's going to be MAJOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment