Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ohhhhh My Craft Room.

I am really excited about having a room to not only organize all my craft stuff, but also a place to work on this with out anyone moving things around on me!!

So here is the craft room in its current state (it is a teenage boys room!)




I can not wait to get to work on this room. It is going to look SO DIFFERENT when we are done with it. I don't know if you can see it well in these pictures, but the baseboards...yeah they are black. We toyed with the idea of what would be easier when it comes to fixing that, and we've decided to just tear out those baseboards and put down new ones. Painting over that black is just going to be too much of a hassle.

Before I get to ahead of myself let me tell you what I have in mind for this room.

It's going to be an open space, well as open as you can get for a room this size. We are going to brighten up the entire basement with new paint. A much brighter shade. We haven't picked a definite color yet (I have so many color swatches on the table right now, I don't know how people make these decisions!!) I am in love with the color "blond" in the basement, but I am not as in love with it for the living room (Mr. C is completely the opposite, and so until we decide I guess it's all still up in the air). (you can see the blond color here) Anyhow, it will be a similar shade as the blond as far as brightening up the space.

We are taking out the mirror closet doors. In that area we are going to put in some shelves (organization here we come!!). I am in love with the idea of hanging "curtains" there to give some character to that side of the room.

We haven't figured out a desk situation yet. There will be two "desks" (more like a counter space, and a desk). The desk will be for our "office" stuff. And the counter will be for my sewing machine and things like that. Whatever we decide, they will be white. When I said I was brightening it up, I wasn't kidding! White and light colored walls! I am so excited it's going to be so fresh looking!!

I know this entry isn't really picture heavy. I haven't found a lot of pictures of other craft rooms that really show what I want to do with the room. So you're just going to have to wait until it starts to come together! :-)

(if this post seems scattered, I am going on very little sleep, and I am typing pretty much one handed as Baby C has fallen asleep in my arms.)

No comments:

Post a Comment