Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mr. C's Room

Yes, the room he'd like me to call his "man cave", but I can't bring myself to say it because I just feel silly. So I guess the name doesn't matter...after all a rose by any other name...........

Currently this room is serving as the current owners oldest sons room. It's directly off the garage, and there is a door to the room that leads right outside. We are struggling to decide how to arrange any furniture in this room because of the shape. Mr. C wants to rip out the closet. I don't. I feel like you can never have TOO MUCH closet space. Why would anyone want to rip out closets?? I look at it as a great place to store jackets and stuff during the warmer months. We can store all sorts of stuff down there, out of the way! I'm sure we'll come to some sort of agreement.

This is the current look of the room: (I've blurred out the kids, and the owner. Since this isn't their blog I am not comfortable putting their pictures in here)





The color of the room will be the same as the craft room and the basement stairs. Which may or may not be blond.

I like the curtain in front of the door. Especially as a way to block light when watching a movie or a football game or whatever it is men watch in their room (yuck-"Man Cave") I'd like the door to be functional. So I'm thinking of doing a fake out curtain, as in making it much wider than the door area so it doesn't look so...well so doorish. If I have the panels centered in the middle it keeps the door functional but also makes the room look less "off the basement" (although it IS ha ha).

Eventually (as in probably this summer) we will be putting our current living room furniture down there. This room may take a little longer to get to a funtional point simply because I know he wants a TV and with all the other projects in the house that will probably be put off.

In the spirit of it being HIS he has been wanting badly to put up a poster of Michael Chiklis from The Shield (it is autographed, and was sent to him while we was deployed years ago). I have been dragging my feet on this, but only because in my mind posters go in room of teenage boys and girls. But after looking up some framing options I think I've found a way to make it work with out looking terribly awful.

Again, no real pictures to give you an idea of what it will look like when it's done. But you'll just have to check back to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment