Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Second Floor Bathroom

This bathroom will have a dual purpose. It's the guest and company bathroom, but also the wee one's. So while I don't want to totally kid-ify it. I do want her to like it, since she'll be using it more than anyone else.

Currently the owners have it decorated like this:


It's a fairly large bathroom, you can't really tell but there's a bit of room to the left of where the picture ends. Enough for some shelving for towels and other bath items. Something else that's difficult to tell from this picture is the color. I took another picture of the bathroom, but it's not the best quality, I was rushing. The bathroom is actually gray. A really nice gray. Our question has been how to dress that grayup for Baby C. We've come up with a couple of options.

Option One: is to accessorize with pink, bright pink. Not bubble gum bright pink, but more like this color pink:


Now it's a whole lot of pink when it's the only color in the room. But I'm attempting to talk Mr. C into being on board with a solid line midway around the room. With a matching solid shower curtain. I think it would add a great amount of color to the room. I saw a picture of a kids bathroom that I really liked this picture and quote they had. I am on the hunt for the picture again, but I can't find it right now. As soon as I do I'll come back and add it here. But in the mean time I'll do my best to describe it. It was a picture of her child (or maybe two kids) wrapped in towels. Framed. Above the pictures had a quote. I can't remember now what it said for sure. But we're going back and forth between "Rub-a-dub-dub" and "splish splash",

Option Two: Also known as Mr. C's least favorite. Adding wood paneling to break up all the gray. We would probably still accessorize with pink, just no stripe.

Option Three: A totally new color. This would be a totally blank slate. No color choices have been decided if we go with this. So I imagine if we don't decide between one and two, we'll have a lot of brainstorming ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment